Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quiet My Heart...

My mind wanders away
Dreaming of where I could be on another day
I’m always so far ahead
I seem to miss the one that I’m in
And I regret the time I lost
Slow me down before it’s gone

Right here in the moment I’m given
I’ll treasure the breath that I breathe in
And I’ll rest in You
You quiet my heart
Somehow every second that’s passing
Is filled with so much meaning
As I wait here with You
Quiet my heart

I get stuck in between
Yesterday and all that tomorrow brings
When all that You want from me
Is that I come and sit at Your feet
And know that You are God
And with You no time is lost

Don’t let me run away
Show me why I should stay
Open my eyes to take in Your beauty
Keep me here in this place
Take me in Your embrace
There’s no place I’d rather be than right now
[lyrics by Brooke Barrettsmith]

No comments: